Sunday, April 30, 2017

May Covers

Bleeding Cool gave us a look at some covers for the May books last week. They are not necessarily all variants, some are for books that did not a include a cover image with its promotional text.

The first that they showed was, oddly enough, very much revealed when The Lazarus Contract was announced. It is the regular Mike McKone cover for Deathstroke #19 (though BC seems to indicate it is for #18, but I believe that is an error on their past) so I've ignored it.

But what I believe is the "real" cover to #19 was displayed as well. That's it below, by Ivan Reis.


Hard to top Ivan Reis but goddamn if Phil Jiminez doesn't do exactly that in his cover for Teen Titans #8.


Naturally, I became a Deathstroke fan as a result of being a New Teen Titans fans first during the Marv Wolfman / George Perez years. I liked the new characters just fine (well, except for Changeling, he's a pain in the ass) but even at the time there was just something about the original characters that I found more compelling. I was always more interested in stories that featured those guys than Cyborg, Starfire, etc. I'm glad that they have their own book, though I admit I don't think it's quite hit the mark.



No comments:

Post a Comment