Thursday, August 18, 2016

Deathstroke Breaks Into The Injustice: Gods Among Us Comic

Happened to see the beauty below while looking at yesterday's new releases.


I'm not much of a video game guy, but I don't live in a cave either.  I'd heard of the Injustice game, knew Deathstroke was among the characters included and that there was a comic book adaptation (as there is for the Arkham series of Batman video games). I didn't think Deathstroke was involved much though, so I passed on it until seeing the cover above.

If you're not so much into digital comics, the video game spin-offs tend to be short books, released weekly, for $0.99. I believe compilations are sold in print format at a later date, typically.

Even though this is chapter 36 of year 5, it's easy to catch up. Bottom line, Superman and Batman are feuding (again??).  Deathstroke, apparently in forced retirement, is recruited by Batman to recover a Mother Box from S.T.A.R. Labs. Not normally his standard fare but we'll take it.

The story is by Brian Buccellato and the art is by Mike S. Miller.  And speaking of the latter, is it just me, or...



Nah, must just be a coincidence....

Deathstroke is involved in the next chapter as well but doesn't seem to be around beyond that. So while this stuff is not in continuity, until recently his continuity was such a mess that I was becoming less and less concerned about that anyway. The first chapter ends with a surprise opponent making himself known, and it isn't one that Deathstroke has much history with, so I'll kick back and enjoy it for what it is.

In the meantime, if you're not the gaming type either, you might still want to see this little promo video. Some pretty crazy action there.



No comments:

Post a Comment