Sunday, November 15, 2015

Deathstroke 15 Neal Adams Variant Cover

This is a cool thing for me. Neal Adams was one of the artists that I became a fan of when I began reading comics, longer ago than I'd like to admit.

In February, 25 DC Comics will feature variant covers by the man himself (inked by a variety of people), with a twist; they are all reproductions of his past work but with a different character on display.

Deathstroke is among those honoured. See below.


It was vaguely familiar but I couldn't quite recall the original version so I had to track it down. Deathstroke replaces Deadman from the cover of Strange Adventures #207 (December 1967).


Adams did the interior art for that book as well. Nothing against the current team, but I'd kill for him to do an issue of Deathstroke.

SA 207 is hardly Adams' most iconic work, granted, but a neat deal nonetheless. I just like to see 'stroke included in these if only because he's among the heavy-hitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment